Thursday, December 17, 2009

Don't Ya Wish Yo Boyfriend Was Hot Like Mine?

Two years ago, I somehow stumbled upon the extreme good fortune of getting to meet George Clooney. Who would ever guess, that some girl who lives in extreme northern Minnesota and makes a living at a feeble non-profit train museum would get to meet George Clooney? It made every single frustration and every single small check I'd ever received from this place entirely worth it.

George visited our museum to kick off his press tour for his slightly-less-than-successful movie, 'Leatherheads', as the movie was based in the fictional town of Duluth--the name of my town. As far as life goes, that day ranks as one of my top five, far surpassing both times I've been proposed to, and possibly even the day my daughter was born.

Sadly, when I think back now, I can't even remember the wording of the face-to-face conversation. But clearly, he did remember me, because this was in my inbox today:



To me, it is obvious. He really is my boyfriend. And of all the women he's had--including a rumored love affair with one of Tiger Woods' love affairs--he sent ME this card. I have never felt more special in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment