Monday, February 23, 2009

Valentine's Day

February 14, 2009
Typically, I hate Valentine's Day. I hate any holiday that has major expectations attached to it: New Year's Eve, Halloween, Valentine's Day...I prefer the holidays where I am expected to play no major role, such as Labor Day. However, my husband still asked what I'd like for Valentine's Day, and I replied, 'nothing'. Now c'mon guys, all men should know that women don't really mean 'nothing' when they say 'nothing'. Figure it out! Needless to say, I assume that my Valentine's Day will play out just like others in the past, and I will receive nothing.

My mom calls in the early afternoon to report that AC has informed her that I am getting pink flowers for Valentine's Day, because we all know the tellings of a 2-year-old can be relied on. Not taking much stock in this report, I went back to bed for a few hours, because what could be better on a day off than sleeping all day?

AC arrived home with my husband after work, with no pink flowers. Instead, he selected a necklace for me...not really my style, but I would never tell him this, of course. Well, I would. Just not when the gift was presented. AC received a plethora of gifts, including tracks for her Thomas the Tank Engine. She spent her evening gleefully causing her trains to derail. I spent my evening thinking of excuses for avoiding sex with my husband on the Most Romantic Day of the Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment