Monday, February 23, 2009

February 7, 2009
Today marks the second birthday of my beloved daughter, Aidyn Charlotte. As my efforts to document her first 24 months were essentially wasted--lacking in both photographic and written evidence, thanks to my affinity to being a slacker--I have decided to create a blog for her. The reasons for this are two-fold: I want my daughter to be able to look back and have some remembrance of her toddlerhood; I have found great pleasure in reading through the baby book compiled by my mother, including a listing of my favorite foods at 18 months that as a grade-schooler, I crossed out and made up my on own--which didn't include green beans, like she claimed. Second, when AC reaches grade school, I plan to pursue an MA in creative writing. Seeming as that I very rarely write creatively, I feel it's in my best interest to start, so at the very least, it won't be too exhaustive when they day comes to submit my entrance materials.

Alas, in creating this for my daughter's future viewing, I hope she shares a humor like mine. Should she not, she will grow old believing that her mother is a blunt, rude horses' ass sorta mom. For the record, I am not. I am simply...dry and and dark, much like my current hair color. For those who do not share this offbeat humor, I am simply a horse's ass.

For AC's second birthday, I promptly woke her at 8:30 am, dressed her...and sent her to her grandparents' house. Hey, what can I say? It might be her birthday, but it's my weekend off! I briefly feel guilty, because at the very least, I could've bought her the "Birthday Girl" shirt at the children's resale shop. My guilt is quickly alleviated when I learn that my inlaws took it into their own hands to hold a top-secret party for her, of which I clearly was not invited. Huh. Makes me think I should dis-invite them from AC's real party, scheduled for tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment